sigma 10-20

You're not the only one who wants one of these!

Awesome lens for the cash, but it's a shame it's not a fixed F4 appeture through the focal range...can't have it all. :greenpbl:

Xmetal said:
You're not the only one who wants one of these!

Awesome lens for the cash, but it's a shame it's not a fixed F4 appeture through the focal range...can't have it all. :greenpbl:

yes , i have wished that too, dont we all want a 10mm to 400mm tele photo wide lens ar 100 deg, and vr and hsm and for only 99.99, hehe

iam pretty sure i will get this, iam going back and forth with lens, i want to get 2 new ones but iam not sure if wide angle or a zoom one should be first, :confused:

the tokina is a 12-24 w/ constant f/4. i've been wondering how much of a differecne 10mm and 12mm have... and ya, im debating weather or not to get a 70-200 2.8 or one of these, it'll prob. be the zoom tho, that way i can start making some money off of sports shots, then i'll get some money for the wide

I just got this lens, played with it this week on a hike (a few images on my blog below)... I really like it, just have to get used to shooting with and figure out what I want to do with it ;)

Protean said:
the tokina is a 12-24 w/ constant f/4. i've been wondering how much of a differecne 10mm and 12mm have... and ya, im debating weather or not to get a 70-200 2.8 or one of these, it'll prob. be the zoom tho, that way i can start making some money off of sports shots, then i'll get some money for the wide

iam in the same situation, i like sports , and bird pics, but i also want a wide for landscapes, iam still deciding, iam looking for a lens up too 800

TTPeter said:
iam in the same situation, i like sports , and bird pics, but i also want a wide for landscapes, iam still deciding, iam looking for a lens up too 800

meaning, $800 or 800mm?! if its the latter, that thing would be so impossible to use with out a tripod, haha, with a 1.5 crop factor i'd be a 1200mm, and if you just touched your camera it would completely change the shot becuase of like a .5 degree angle of view :lmao:

I'm not getting this... why can't a tripod be used? I've used a 300mm with a 2x convertor on digital (so what does that equal, over 600mm??) without a tripod propped on my knees as I was sitting down and it gave *okay* results but yeah, a tripod or even a monopod is necessary to have. I would personally love to have an 800mm lens... http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/telephotos/800mm.htm

I have a cheap 500/1,000mm fixed lens, and I have to say it sucks... but it is a real no-name brand.

Personally, I might research this one even though it isn't Nikkor... http://shutterbug.com/equipmentreviews/lenses/1003sb_thesigma/

opps 800$$ i have alos been looking at the simga 70-200mm i just can pick,

JodieO you have both lens , which of the two would u reccomand getting first, i mostly do sports and wild life, birds and animals, but i also enjoy doing landscape ? if u where in my shoes would u get the 10-20mm or the 70-200mm first? and why?

Peter

i'd get the 70-200. there are some lenses that are going to be used more than others, and I think that everyone needs a lens in this category. they are usually light and portable, but fast, enabling you to reach a great variety of subjects with very selective DOF. they are fun lenses - so is the 10-20mm, but you won't use it as much. its more of a specialty lens IMO.

nakedyak said:
i'd get the 70-200. there are some lenses that are going to be used more than others, and I think that everyone needs a lens in this category. they are usually light and portable, but fast, enabling you to reach a great variety of subjects with very selective DOF. they are fun lenses - so is the 10-20mm, but you won't use it as much. its more of a specialty lens IMO.
I have a Nikkor 80-200 F2.8 and it is a lot of things, but light isn't one of them.

LWW

well thats what iam trying to pick which one will i use more, i have right now a nikkon 28-80mmg and a 70-300g , i use both , but if i was gonna get the 70-200 i would onl trade in the 70-300 becuase i neeed a close lens, but if it got the 10-20mm i would trade in both, and suffer that little bit,

For most people the 70-200 is used way more often.

LWW

LWW said:
I have a Nikkor 80-200 F2.8 and it is a lot of things, but light isn't one of them.

LWW

haha true, maybe light isn't the best word. the better 80-200 lenses are obviously heavier. still an almost essential lens i think

Most reactions

New Topics

Back