Sigma 10-20mm ITS HERE!!!

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got it seconds ago Im so excited to go use it. YAY!!!

No comments necessary Im just excited.

img0299ip7.jpg

-edit-

@20mm F8
dsc1962050407hj7.jpg

@10mm F8
dsc1964050407js4.jpg

I keep kicking it at the camera store... don't NEED it but I WANT it. Post some more shots when you get them. :D

another range test at white castles
@20mm
dsc1972050407eq9.jpg

@10mm
dsc1971050407of6.jpg

Wow im loving how wide this thing goes.

I think the first time I get to take this out into the field is maybe tomorrow or Saturday, I plan on going to the NYC Autoshow.

aww! i want one of those soooooooooo bad! i had to settle on a 20mm f1.8 for now though.... how much did you drop on that little baby?

480 something with shipping (from dell.com)
and 40 bucks on a UV filter.

i think i'm gonna save up some money and get this thing, i love wide shots

That is awesome, I want one right now. I can't wait to get a really wide lens, they have such great effects.

Has anybody heard about how this works on Canons? I heard Canons have issues with aftermarket lenses and poor focusing.

I think the lens is a giant only because the D40 is so tiny.

Its about the same diameter as the 18-135, this lens is much heavier though.

I was going to take it to the auto show but my friend had something come up so he couldnt go. Ill take it out when I get the chance Im busy the next 3 days. Tuesday hopefully I want to go out shooting before school starts again then I wont have time.

Who spends $40 on a UV filter?

ive spent more...what are you trying to say?

that a 40 dollar UV filter isn't necessary.

Though I imagine the price can be attributed to the huge 72mm thread of that lens.

None of my lenses get UV filters, just lens caps and hoods where possible.

Really just personal preference though, I can fully understand the want to protect the element of a 450+ dollar lens. For me, I dont have anything priced like that so no UV's for me.

Most reactions

Back