Sigma 10-20mm ITS HERE!!!

that a 40 dollar UV filter isn't necessary.

Though I imagine the price can be attributed to the huge 72mm thread of that lens.

None of my lenses get UV filters, just lens caps and hoods where possible.

Really just personal preference though, I can fully understand the want to protect the element of a 450+ dollar lens. For me, I dont have anything priced like that so no UV's for me.

i know its just personal preference...

im just saying..if it is your preference to protect your expensive glass...40 dollars isnt out of the question..its even a bit on the inexpensive side

i dont use one for my 70 dollar 50 mm...because if the glass gets damaged...ill just buy a new one....on the other hand....i wouldnt let my macro lens out of the bag without one...getting a scratch just isnt worth it to me...and when my 70-200 comes in the mail...ill def. be spending a bit on one to protect it as well..and im guessing a b+w filter for the 77mm thread will be around 70 bucks..
i just dont like the snarky way max bloom comes with alot of his responses...i was just wondering what he was trying to get at with his snide remark

well if youve ever hung out with my even for a month you would understand why protection matters.

In my time in the Army ive destroyed 3 (300-700 dollars not sure) AN/PAQ-2s, a set of 7bravo night vision goggles, countless uniforms because Im a very rough person and wont hesitate to run through barb wire or constantine wire and get my body or equipment ripped up.

Ive gone through two UV filters with my first lens because I sling my camera around bang the camera into walls, desks, people, and anything else.

If adorama bothered to look at the lens when I sold to them they would have noticed a few small scratches on the lens heh. But they watched me take the UV filter off in front of them and put the lens cap back on guess they felt safe.

I should take care of expensive equipment better but I dont know this is just who I am.

It's a nice little lens.
I use it quite alot.
Also use it on my EOS 5, but can only go down to about 15mm, below that gets crazy vigenetting

Most reactions

Back