Sigma 10-20mm question

timethief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.x5.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have checked the prices for the SIGMA 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM from various sources and this is what i came up with. (NIKON Mount)

Japan : 630USD
Singappore : 580USD
Dubai: 536USD
Ebay : ~440USD

There is a huge variation when you look at it in percentages.I live in Dubai,so If i order from ebay i need to pay tax and international shipping, adding to it the wait period for deliver.. well not worth it.
On the other hand, as you probably heard by now, they released the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 very recently. I haven't been able to find any information about the price yet. Anybody has any clue what the price range of the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 would be?
I know its rather optimistic but i would rather wait for the new release if there is not a very big gap between them.

Would appreciate any feedback i can get.

thanks Sem.

Anybody has any clue what the price range of the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 would be?

I was waiting for the original Sigma 10-20 in Nikon mount as well. Was out of stock over 30 days. I finally cancelled the order and glad I did. As I went with a Tokina 11-16. The Tokina even though it says 11mm is actually 1.2 degrees wider than the Sigma 10-20mm wide open.

I have not used it alot, I left for a work trip just after I got it. The wife has been using it for some interior photos and the pictures look great. The extra stop over the original Sigma 10-20 and 2/3 stop over the new version is a big plus in my book. I am really glad the Sigma was backordered for so long now. I think the Tokina was a better choice.

Do you have any idea about the price of the sigma 10-20mm f3.5?

Do you have any idea about the price of the sigma 10-20mm f3.5?

The last I was told is it would not be out for a couple months. No, pricing information. Reason I mentioned the Tokina is I am thinking since they made the Sigma faster it would be priced higher. Which would put it in the same price range as the Tokina ($600 US).

If it would be around 600$ i think i will wait for it. at least maybe by then the price of the
SIGMA 10-20mm F4-5.6 would come down. maybe then i could decide better.

Most reactions

Back