Sigma 10-20mm.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. What does everyone think of this lens? I was offered a trade for my 70-300+ $100 for this lens. Good deal? How do you like the lens?

Mark

I'm actually planning on borrowing it from a body of mine. IF it'll work out, will come back w/ input :)

Depends do you want wide angle or telephoto?
tj

I have the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 for Canon. It is one of my favorite lenses. Build is excellent. Color and sharpness are wonderful. Not everyone likes ultrawide angle but, if you do, it's an excellent choice. I don't know anything about the 70-300, so I don't know if that's a good deal or not. You should be aware that there are 2 versions of the lens ... the f4-5.6 and the newer fixed aperture f/3.5

I did want a wide angle lens. I don't find myself using my 70-300 as much as I would like, and my 28-80 just doesn't get far enough out some of the time. I am going to probably be picking up the Nikon 18-70mm as well, then eventually get either the Sigma 70-200 2.8 or Nikon 80-200. I have been looking for a good ultra wide lens, and I think this is a good deal. I will be sure to update with what I do, so thanks everyone and feel free to keep adding input. I always love to hear more.

Mark

That's an excellent trade (for you). The sigma 10-20mm is worth about $200 more then your 70-300mm provided they're both in the same condition.

It's a great lens, the only drawback is that it's a DX lens--so if you go full frame in the future you'll likely be trading it in.

I have a D90, so no big deal. The lens is in like new condition, comes with bayonette hood, both caps, soft pouch, box, manual and paperwork. Very nice man and great deal. I have been reading up on it, and it seems great. After this, I think Im going to get rid of my 28-80 and get a 18-70. But thats a different story. Hows the image quality?

Mark

Markw,

Quick question: does the length of this lens change when you zoom in or out? I have a 70—200mm and the length doesn't change.

Thanks.

Markw,

Quick question: does the length of this lens change when you zoom in or out? I have a 70—200mm and the length doesn't change.

Thanks.

No- Sigma does not change length.

The sigma actually does change when you zoom. Its a difference of about 4mm, so not much, but there is a change. It doesnt change, however, when you focus.

Mark

The sigma actually does change when you zoom. Its a difference of about 4mm, so not much, but there is a change. It doesnt change, however, when you focus.

Mark

Hmmmm .... never noticed, but thanks. Sorry, my bad!

I would have never noticed myself probably unless I saw the video.

(I was talking about the 10-20, not the 70-200..maybe I was confused. :er:)

Mark

I would have never noticed myself probably unless I saw the video.

(I was talking about the 10-20, not the 70-200..maybe I was confused. :er:)

Mark

Thanks for the reply guys.

Mark, what video are you talking about?

B

Most reactions

New Topics

Back