Sigma 16mm vs 18 - 35mm lenses

wcsmedia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello world! This is my first time on this forum. I've been shooting with DSLR's for the last 15 years, but in the last few months I've finally made my way into mirrorless and am curious what the pros on this forum think of a comparison between the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 and the Sigma 18 - 35mm f/1.8 lenses. I already own the 16mm and I love it for vlogging, street photography, and portraiture. Typically I reserve that praise for the nifty 50's and 85mm lenses. Anyway, the 18 - 35mm seems like a great next choice as a portrait and street lens. What I'm trying to justify is, should I even keep my 16mm if I purchase the 18 - 35 lens for the cost? Wouldn't it just be easier to sell the 16mm and have the 18 - 35mm as an all purpose lens instead? I look forward to your years of wisdom and experience and I appreciate it in advance!

A week, and still nothing huh? No thoughts whatsoever on this topic regarding the Sigma 16mm and the Sigma 18 - 35mm? I thought maybe at least one person would respond.

Maybe no one has used both of those. I sure can't comment as I've never used either one.

I'm sure you know that primes generally tend to have a little better IQ, though zooms have come a long way. Is it possible to rent one for a couple days? That might help you decide is there's enough of a difference to keep both.

Maybe no one has used both of those. I sure can't comment as I've never used either one.

I'm sure you know that primes generally tend to have a little better IQ, though zooms have come a long way. Is it possible to rent one for a couple days? That might help you decide is there's enough of a difference to keep both.
Yeah that's always possible. The two lenses that I mentioned are very popular across the board, so I'm a little shocked. I have no idea if there is a rental place near by for that, but maybe I'll have better luck somewhere else. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back