sigma 17-70 or 18-35mm

Love my 18-35. It's focus was good enough I didn't bother with the getting the dock. When I pre-ordered the 50-100, I picked up the sigma dock as well and am actually going to be checking / adjusting both lenses tonight. (I built the focus chart to test against yesterday) I don't think I need to adjust the 18-35 much, if any, and I haven't used the 50-100 enough to really tell yet. Never adjusted lenses before so all new to me. (And fun :) )

That 50-100 looks like a blast. 1/200 s. Is not fast enough for my shaky hand usually. Depends on how much coffee I've had. ;)

the infinity focus is pretty hard to calibrate.. my neighbor has a truck with his company logo on it in large print.. so that is what i have been using.. there is a nother neighbor way down the street with a truck like that. so this morning i went out and shot that truck which is pretty far away with the 50-100 and i cropped in as much as i could and the lettering on that truck also looked to be in focus and sharp at infinity for all the focal lengths so i think i am done tuning the lens.. i just use a paper test chart for the rest of the settings where you do not need to be too far away and try to get the photos looking like this.. when i do a 100% crop..

live view is great for testing the focus on the paper target.. after i get a setting that looks the sharpest in live view i snap a photo and if it turns out like that its good to go..

20160429-DSC_0801.jpg

I just bought a sigma 18-35mm 1.8.
I mean, I've traded my 17-55mm 2.8 for it :)
I'm still planning on buying a 50mm 1.8 D...

Let's see if the 18-35 is worth the hype...

Cheers

I also just got this 18-35 baby, and it's bloody awesome. Tack sharp wide open. Supreme build quality and very nice design.
Compared to my 35 1.8 and 105 macro, the sigma is somewhat a little slow focus but for now it's not a problem.

Cheers

I also just got this 18-35 baby, and it's bloody awesome. Tack sharp wide open. Supreme build quality and very nice design.
Compared to my 35 1.8 and 105 macro, the sigma is somewhat a little slow focus but for now it's not a problem.

i think that lens is all its cracked up to be.. i think the focus is quite good on mine.. i also just picked up its brother the 50-100mm 1.8 and its just as good as far as sharpness and image quality even wide open IMO, its a bit slower on the focus i think but i did a photo shoot for a band and used both of these lenses and i am very happy with the photos i got.

Cheers

i think that lens is all its cracked up to be.. i think the focus is quite good on mine.. i also just picked up its brother the 50-100mm 1.8 and its just as good as far as sharpness and image quality even wide open IMO, its a bit slower on the focus i think but i did a photo shoot for a band and used both of these lenses and i am very happy with the photos i got.
Yeah, I saw that shoot on your Flickr page.
Super High ISO - i can't imagine without f/1.8 :)

Cheers

It has arrived :)
I was a little afraid I needed to buy the dock to do some adjustments, but the lens is amazing as it is.
It focus well and the detail it provides is something beautiful.

27012767681_abb5ec0d2f_b.jpg

I would be happy with a 50-150mm 2.8 OS now :)

Cheers

It has arrived :)
I was a little afraid I needed to buy the dock to do some adjustments, but the lens is amazing as it is.
It focus well and the detail it provides is something beautiful.

27012767681_abb5ec0d2f_b.jpg

I would be happy with a 50-150mm 2.8 OS now :)

Cheers

awesome, your gonna love that thing..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back