sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens Canon fit

.::joe::.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are these len's any good i have my eye on one as its seems to be a good idea being able to go from 18 upto 200 without having to carry more then one lens about with me..

anyone got any thing good or bad to say about this lens ?

thanks in advance
Joe

Generally speaking, the more focal ranges your lenses does, the lesser the image quality. Now, this is not to say that a long focal range lens can produce some top notch images, Noyze has posted some in other threads that are outstanding. Its just a general rule

The 18-200 would be less IQ than the 24-70 which would be less IQ than a 50 prime. But of course, the quality of the lens is a big factor.

Many people like to carry an 18-200 when they go on a trip so they dont have to change lenses too much, and they carry shorter focal range lenses or primes when doing more detailed / professional work.

Another thing to factor in is your expected results. For some, the IQ of an 18-200 is more than enough, just as for some, buying a 3rd party Tamron 28-75 will be more than enough compared to the Canon 24-70, which is way more expensive.

The last thing that factors into the IQ is obviously the photographers talent and skill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back