Sigma 18-250 HSM OS / First Photos

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a little photo walk over lunch break to break in my new Sigma 18-250 lens... let's see how we did!

First, a Canadian Honker - Rochester's mascot.
574636617_wCbpX-L.jpg

Next a zoom test...

18mm:
574634583_DyPJN-L.jpg

250mm
574634763_ai3QL-L.jpg

How about some flowers?
574636073_jqjwy-L.jpg

574635545_Lb3xa-L.jpg

Cityscape:
574636878_iaFCV-L.jpg

And just a fun one:
574637330_arTM5-L.jpg

This lens has exceeded my personal expectations. I realize it will have its limits, but it's purpose is to be a nice one lens solution for those days I don't feel like lugging around a lot of equipment and swapping lenses.

After my walk today it may be on my camera more than I originally thought.

nice lens. love the depth of focus and quality generally of #3.

Yea seriously nice shots all around. Very impressive! Looks like a nice lens, especially considering it's massive focal range.

Looks pretty darn good! The CA looks better controled than I thought it would be.

I shot a LOT with it this weekend, will be uploading more photos tomorrow from my faster work connection.

WOW - that is really impressive, it AF's with a D40x? My mom's been bugging me about a "super" zoom lens, might get her this for her bday. . .

Yes it does, any Sigma with 'HSM' will work on the bodies without the internal focus motor just like the Nikon AF-S lenses.

She'd love it!

Noyze,
Thanks for sharing. I'm very tempted to get this for my D80 to replace my stock 18-135. A question for you...did you use any filters when you shot many of these photos with this lens?

Thanks.

No filters and they are all unedited as well.

I still love this lens and highly recommend it.

Wow you responded fast! You're not kidding when your tagline is that you spend too much time here! ;)

Thanks!

:lol: yeah, I hit refresh on 'new topics' in between things at work so it's easy to keep up.

Most reactions

Back