Sigma 18-250mm DC OS f35 - 6.3

Blind Bruce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any comments that you have on this lens? I have ordered one from Henrys and the price seems about right.

Dont know this lens specifically but I do know ALL superzoom lenses are a big compromise between focal flexibility and image quality.
They picture these type of lenses produce are ok but nothing more then ok, too soft for my needs.
They are also very slow which pretty much means that these are good lighting lenses only.

Hi, The Sigma 18-250 is about the same sharpness as your Nikkor 18-55 kit lens. If you find that sharpness to your liking, then you're good to go. With the Sigma, low to mid zoom range (18mm-75mm) the sharpness is reasonable as long as you use f8-f11, however once you get past about 135mm it can be very soft everywhere apart from the centre - even at f8-f11. If you're buying it for reach - don't do it, if for a walk about or holiday lens, then maybe. :cool-98:

Since you already have these focal lengths covered with zooms in more reasonable ranges, my guess is that you won't use it much. Your two small kit lenses will outperform it and be more practical to carry and use. I have a very nice Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 ED zoom that I hate to use because of its size and weight. It does provide good image quality, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back