TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to buy new glass to

1. have better glass
2. have a wider choice of glass
3. I need backups

so after ordering my 35 mm 1.8 af-s nikon lens I am looking for something 2.8 with ''zoom'

anyone have any experience with this lens?
Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO /HSM

I don't have any experience with it, but I've heard it's got pretty decent quality. Another one to consider is the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8. I have this one and it also has pretty decent quality.

I don't have any experience with it, but I've heard it's got pretty decent quality. Another one to consider is the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8. I have this one and it also has pretty decent quality.

i'm not sure the tamron has an autofocus motor in it ?

compared to nikon does it hold up ?

Take a look at a Sigma 17-70 f2.8/4.5 DC Macro. It is a VERY sharp lens and would give you the range you're looking for. I just picked up a used one from KEH for $265 USD. It is in perfect condition and by far the sharpest lens I have.

I like the Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 a lot better myself, but the Sigma is not bad. I find the Tamron gives sharper photo's and really like the color and contrast.

I went through with this and bought the lens! so this week im expecting a nikon 35mm 1.8 af-s, sigma 18-50 2.8 ex DC macro HSM, a gray card, lens cap holder, bokeh masters kit, reverse mount ring AND a 5 in 1 reflector kit

HERE WE GO :D

where did you buy it from?

I'm looking for a macro also

Most reactions

Back