Sigma 50mm F1.4

Definitely for the D40/D60 users!

But since the Nikon 1.4 is pretty cheap i would go with nikon just because the name and i am sure it is built better.

But the internal focus motor should be awesome for those who need it

Nice! I bet it would have to come in at around $250 NIB for it to compete with the Canon version. Not to mention the image quality would have to be top notch as well. Otherwise people would just get the Canon version for $50 more.

yeh... with Canon 50 f1.8, 1.4, and 1.2 available at a very wide range of prices, it will be a hard sell to the Canon folks. There isn't enough price difference between the 1.8 and 1.4 for Sigma to fit in and bring value to the table.

If Sigma released a f/1.2 at letsay...$500 bucks then oh yeh... they would have an easy sell.

Yay!
This makes me happy
Im constantly getting jealos of my friends 50mm 1.8 for his XTi

Hmmm, interesting! Can't wait to see what the price point is. I would love to replace my flimsy nifty fifty.

Yes, it would certainly have to come in lower than the 50mm F1.4 ($300) for Canon folks to consider it.

Hopefully the build quality will be better than the nifty fifty, which won't be hard to do.

I'm not even going to check out the specs.
After my Sigma fiasco, i will never ever consider another one of their lenses.

Regardless of what Canon has to offer in the same range, Sigma is just out of the question for me.

But good luck to them and to people that buy their products.

An APS-C 50mm?

uhh................

I think that a fast 35 or 28 would have been a better choice to attract cropped sensor camera shooters looking for a fast, high quality, "normal" lens. Pretty much every manufacturer makes a 50mm at a low price point already...

I think that a fast 35 or 28 would have been a better choice to attract cropped sensor camera shooters looking for a fast, high quality, "normal" lens. Pretty much every manufacturer makes a 50mm at a low price point already...
You mean something like the Sigma 30mm F1.4? :er:

I do agree that the 50mm is a tough market to crack. The image quality will have to be pretty high and the price will have to be competitive.

Nope... DG = Film or Digital....

oh OK! phew! *wipes brow*, sigma has a couple DG's DC's DA's, I get them confused all the time. :(

I'd get a 30mm 1.4 over the 50mm anyhow - too many other 50mm options with better build (for Nikon non-D40-60 users and Canon) to "take the risk" with Sigma IMO. . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back