Sigma Lens Dilemna! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by pugnacious33, Oct 5, 2009.

1. pugnacious33

pugnacious33 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    :grumpy:Geez, I just can't ever seem to make up my mind when buying a lens, never able to find that "perfect" lens. I'm replacing a 28-135 sigma.

I'm really leaning toward the Sigma 17-70 macro. Pros here are the good macro close up ratio, the price, and the 70 would be good enough for portraits, which I don't shoot much. Con are that it is not an EX. I currently have the Sigma 10-20 EX and the sharpness and contrast are top notch.

I'm also looking at the Sigma 18-50 macro. Pros....its an EX. Cons, more expensive and shorter range is less versatile.

I've also considered going with the Sigma 24-70 EX, but it is pretty expensive, not macro, not digital specific, but I wouldn't miss the lower end of the zoom, since I also have the 10-20.

I'm also open to other brands. If the 17-70 was an EX my mind would be made up. Anyone care to help me (or confuse me further)? :er:

2. grafxman

grafxman TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm very happy with mine on my Canon 50D. I'm not a pro however. I've also used it with the Kenko 1.4 converter with results that are satisfactory to me. Hope this helps.

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    There is no perfect lens. That's why there are so many of them. ;)