sigma lens

canadianbattery

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone know what's the different between these two sigma lens.
APO 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC HSM
APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM

what's the different for one with II?

I got an offer for the one without "II".. the guy said it comes with 10years warranty, but he doesnt has the receipt, just a blank warranty card.

would i be able to claim the warranty if there isnt a proof of purchase.

Thank you.

Unless it has a date on it, No.

Also the difference, one is newer. Can't add more than that. In many cases the optical formula doesn't change much between models. You may see slightly better performance on the II model, but really just because a lens is old doesn't make it bad.

Sigma lenses only come with 1 year warranty, sounds like a scam to me.

Yeah, don't believe the ten year garbage ... but ...

I have the 50-150mm f/2.8 HSM (not the II) and I love the lens! It's quiet and focuses quickly and precisely. Don't forget that it is designed for crop-sensor (I don't know what body you're using).

I read a review of the 50-150 on Popular Photograpy's web site,and the newer II version has significantly better optics.

This review site tested THREE samples of the 50-150 f/2.8 EX-II and all three were bad, with mondo front focusing issues. Maybe they let out a bunch of SIG-nificant-MA lfucntion lenses. (an old,old joke,not mine)

Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 II EX DC HSM Lens Review

I would be exceedingly leery of buying a Sigma 50-150 from a private party unless you're really good friends with them...I own a three Sigma lenses and their QC is well....often lacking on the "C" part of the QC...

Yes, I've heard that too. I got lucky without the focusing issue, but it clearly was a problem for some.

Thanks for all.
I am using XSi, I bought a Canon 70-200 F/4L non-IS couple months ago, it's mint used condition. but sadly got ripped off. it actually has bad front focusing problem.

and also, it's kind of slow for my need. so I am thinking to buy a F/2.8. but Canon one is out of my reach. so I am considering either sigma 50-150mm or sigma 70-200mm, but then i heard that they both have front focusing problem too.

is there a quick way to test the lens and find out this focusing problem when I buy it from someone? (i cant afford new lens, budget is tight)

Thank you.

Thanks for all.
I am using XSi, I bought a Canon 70-200 F/4L non-IS couple months ago, it's mint used condition. but sadly got ripped off. it actually has bad front focusing problem.

Thank you.

I think Canon can calibrate it for you. That would probably be way cheaper than buying a new lens.

Most reactions

Back