sigma lenses

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by wheatleyaw, Jun 18, 2010.

1. wheatleyaw

wheatleyaw TPF Noob!

can you buy mount adapters for sigma lenses? I saw an auction of a guy who is selling a sigma sd 9 with 2 or 3 lenses because the camera body doesn't seem to work for him anymore. so i was wondering if you can find mount adapters for a pentax and have that deal be worth it (selling for $170).

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've never seen adapters for the Sigma SA mount lenses to other mounts. Have you searched the web using a search engine? Maybe there is an adapter, but I doubt it, since the Sigma lens mount is probably the least common lens mount on the market. WHat lenses does he have priced at three for $170? It could be worth it if at least one of the lenses was a really good one.

3. wheatleyaw

wheatleyaw TPF Noob!

Well, appearantly the guy took it off or sold it straight up already. But all the info I could find was from 2004, so I wasn't sure if they had made any since then or not. Thanks for the info.

4. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not just different mounts, but a completely different set of electronics and code in the lenses.

There's a lot more to a lens than simply fitting on a camera. For instance if you use an adapter you often need to introduce a piece of glass in that adapter to counteract the fact that the lens is now sitting further away from the film plane.