Sigma or Nikon!

globe91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have another decision making problem..I have my camera all picked out(D70s for those that want to know). But now it is time to choose a telephoto lens. I have thought of 2 choices so far that seem reasonable for my budget. The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM or the Nikon 80-200 F/2.8. Are the both comparable in quality?

Also i will alway take suggestions from all of you as well.

I have another decision making problem..I have my camera all picked out(D70s for those that want to know). But now it is time to choose a telephoto lens. I have thought of 2 choices so far that seem reasonable for my budget. The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM or the Nikon 80-200 F/2.8. Are the both comparable in quality?

Also i will alway take suggestions from all of you as well.

Let me put it this way...
I bought Nikon bodies because I wanted Nikon lenses.

:lol::lol:

I have never used the sigma, but I can say the Nikon 80-200 is an exceptional lense. I had the AF-D model (on a D70), which is slightly slower on focus than the AF-S, but the images were fantastic, and you can save a few coins for a good tripod or flash by going AF-D.

+1

That sigma is actually a good lens, and a lot of folks swear up and down by it...

But...

The Nikon 80-200 is a pure beast of a lens. It is sharp as a tack and indestructible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back