Sigma ROCKS! Best service!

rastoma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a 100-300mm lens by Sigma that I've had for years. I got it when I got my RebelG 35mm years ago.

I had used this lens on my digital Rebel several times with no problem, then one day at a zoo it quit working. I kept getting an error on the LCD screen every time I would snap a shot.

So I sent it to Sigma earlier this month, they received it on the 12th. A few days later I received a letter in the mail from them stating that the lens needed a 'digital' upgrade.

Hmmm.... I didn't know a lens needed to be just for a digital SLR as it had worked previously. But I said ok. I also called them to check and see if they would clean the inside of the lens since I had requested that on the initial order but didn't see a note about it on the estimate form I received back. A helpful gentleman in the service depart said sure. He even went and got the lens and held it in his hand while on the phone with me while we discussed it.

I just got the lens back today, the 28th.

Total charge to fix/upgrade the lens and clean it (it had quite a lot of particles inside from over the years) and shipping costs back to me......

$10 bucks.

I had lost the front lens cap quite awhile ago (hence my fault why it was so dusty inside), so when I was on the phone with the tech I had asked him do they have lens caps I could buy (save me a trip just to pick up a cap) and he said sure, they were $5.

When I had logged on to their site, I forgot about the cap and I just paid $10 even on my credit card. I got the lens back WITH a nice Sigma brand front lens cap and had a printed credit card receipt for $15 LOL!

Normally I wouldn't like someone adding on a charge but I did tell him on the phone I was going to add the $5 and include a note saying it was for a lens cap, but forgot. He didn't forget and added it for me after the fact.

I been snapping several things with the lens over the last few minutes, testing it out and it works perfectly.

If I don't buy a Canon brand lens in the future, I will definitely always buy Sigma, unless I select Sigma first OVER Canon which likely will happen :)

Anyway, thought I'd share it with you :)

Good story!! I've been thinking about a Sigma lens and just cant decide!!! Its nice though to hear a story about good customer service with all the negitive stories you hear around the internet/friends/what nots!!

I've got to agree. My 70-300 is off at the Sigma Service Centre in the UK being Digitalised as we speak. Apparently, I'll get it back within 10 days, fully reconditioned as well. The service guy told me that was just part of the service for all rechipping work since they have to take the lens apart anyway. I'll let you kow how it all turns out.:D

I purchased a 70-210 used sigma from keh a while ago. It turns out this was one of the older lenses that don't work with the new digital cameras. It was actually too old to be rechipped. When I called sigma they said I could just send it to them and they would send me a new lens for a discounted price. Only problem is that B&H was still xheaper than sigma after their discounted rate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back