Sigma

Ejazzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which lens is sharper/ better?

The 10-20 or the 12-24?

I was thinking the 12-24 for my digi and my film. so as of now its +1 for the 12-24

I haven't looked at them side by side, but I love my 10-20 on my Canon 30D

Tokina for sure ... they are the same folks that make some of Pentax lenses under the Pentax name and make the Hoya filters .. All great lenses.

If you can afford spending 3x as much the 12-24mm nikkor is the lens to buy; it will work on full-frame and crop sensors, and 12mm full-frame is MUCH wider then 10mm cropped!

i dont think i can drop the cash on the Nikkor right now. Maybe if it was about 600 less lol

The Sigma 10-20mm is a remarkable lens - I bought it this summer and haven't stopped using it. It's a lot of fun and has allowed me to produce some really great images:

Yangshuo%20Raft%20on%20Water%20SMALL.jpg

Red%20White%20and%20Blue.jpg

Siberia%20From%20Forty-Thousand%20Feet%20SMALL.jpg

i really wish the 10-20 was faster

If you can afford spending 3x as much the 12-24mm nikkor is the lens to buy; it will work on full-frame and crop sensors, and 12mm full-frame is MUCH wider then 10mm cropped!

My friend is selling her 12-24mm Nikon lens. It's less than a month old and I KNOW she has not really used it.
NOTHING is wrong with it. She just got a fisheye lens and realized she doesn't need it.
So, she's selling it.
I've gotten lenses from her and she keeps them nice.
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140276711708&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123[/URL]

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
if u wish the sigma 10-20 was faster which it is a f/4 u should look at the tokina 11-16 f/2.8 they are the same price i think like $570 but i think you could look around. I am pretty sure that they have the same IQ, but not sure

Yes, the Tokina 11-16mm rated pretty high in Photozone.

If you want to use it on your film camera, then the Sigma 12-24 or the Nikkor 12-24 are your best choices of course.

The Tokina lenses are fantastic, but all DX, as is the 10-20 Sigma. If you just want to use one for your digital crop body, I'd go with the Tokina 11-16 all the way.

Chris, those are some awesome shots!

Im gonna try and get either the sigma 12-24 or the nikon 12-24 for cheap.

So the tokina is better than the sigma?

I have the 10-20 and have rarely wished it were a faster lens. You can handhold it at very slow shutter speeds.

Most reactions

Back