Sigma

so the Nikon 12-24 is not Ff?
No, it's not. The "DX" in the lens description tells you it's Digitally Cropped, meaning it doesn't function properly on FF cameras (The D700 and D3 can use it, but crop down to 5 megapixels, so if you tried it on a film camera, you'd get very small negatives :p if it even worked at all)

I canot speak of the Tokina, however I also own the Sigma 10-20mm, and though I agree it is not fast, it is a very sharp lens that gives some incredible results and there is nothing wrong with cranking up the ISO to get the shutter speed you need. ;)

2264260296_ab7464de51.jpg

I can't speak to anything other than the 10-20. I find the 10-20 to be a solid lens though I have had some focus problems with it in some circumstances where I am further away from the subject. It's close but not quite dead-on. I still need to test the lens to see if there's something wrong with it, though... might just be my lens.

Another Sigma 10-20 example image...

Financial District Skyline - July 2008 - 009 tpf.jpg

wow great pictures!
anyone have any experience with the Sigma 12-24? i know that will work FF

Wow, nice night shot. I will have to check the 10-20 mm.

wow great pictures!
anyone have any experience with the Sigma 12-24? i know that will work FF
Only experience I have with the 12-24 are from using it around the store. My one complaint with it is of course it can't use filters, which is important to me for landscapes, but not to all.

Most reactions

Back