Signs Of The Times

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is where Calvin stands all the time at Westbury Pharmacy Cafe. Except when he needs to ring someone up - at which time he moves a little bit to his right.

D70, Nikon 12-24mm lens.

All comments appreciated.

Tuna

WestburyWEB246.jpg

love the b&w treatment and catching people in their work environment! great shot tuna :thumbup:

Great shot!!! Black and white fits VERY well here!!! The man's face is classic :)

OK - but I have to say that the guy in it is the last thing that gets me looking.

What about a crop to portrait format and halve the image so he stands out more.

But - nice shot - sell it to him.. or the shop!!!!

Spike

spike000 said:
OK - but I have to say that the guy in it is the last thing that gets me looking.

What about a crop to portrait format and halve the image so he stands out more.

But - nice shot - sell it to him.. or the shop!!!!

Spike

Thanks for all the great comments.

Spike, this image, to me, isn't really just a portrait of Calvin. Whenever I visit this place, this is what I see as I pay - the smallness of Calvin, further accentuated by the overbearing burden of his signs. That is what I had hoped to capture and I think many may see that. However your comment shows that I could be wrong...there could be a different direction I could take with the image. So here is a cropped version similar to what you mention for comparison. I think I still prefer the original, wider crop but I will let you guys decide which way to go.

Tuna

Westbury1cr.jpg

Stick with the first, no crop needed!!! All the signs everywhere are great, and the crop takes out a lot of them!!!

I agree don't crop this one, it gives you more to look at, and is very interesting, great shot

NO!!!!!!! your first posting is dead on balls!

btw tuna, do you ever get by glen allen, va? ;)

JonMikal said:
btw tuna, do you ever get by glen allen, va? ;)

Hi JonMikal. Not sure what you are asking - I live in Glen Allen, Va. Only a couple of hours (depending on traffic...) south of your area.

Tuna

Tuna said:
Hi JonMikal. Not sure what you are asking - I live in Glen Allen, Va. Only a couple of hours (depending on traffic...) south of your area.

Tuna

you post lots of images from abroad which makes me think your away often; being facetious. ;)

Jeeze I like this picture. I am not sure if it is what you had in mind for a viewer, but I got a chuckle out of it. Even though there is so much in the picture the guy really stands out. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back