Signs that you may be good at photography?

GTHill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first bit of recognition... The Wal-Mart photo lady was very uncooperative when my sis-in-law wanted to gets some photos I shot developed of her and her husband. She thought they were professional. Woo hoo! The Wal-Mart photo department thinks I'm a pro!

GT

When the boundaries of acolades extend beyond the immediate family and friends to folks that have an understanding beyond "Oh, that's lovely".

I've received one or two....... and damn happy for it too.

Photography is a long road. Any positive comments is a step in the right direction. Certainly goes way beyond that, but this is not the place. Keep shooting.

Love & Bass

The Wal-Mart photo lady was very uncooperative when my sis-in-law wanted to gets some photos I shot developed of her and her husband. She thought they were professional.
I'm a little confused. What difference would it have made if they were professional?

This sign?

churchsign.jpg

Well, I'm happy for you that you had the chance to feel this swell of pride! :D
Feels good, doesn't it?

Like when I was once asked by a lady from Andalucia which South American country I was born in (we spoke Spanish), when I was born in Germany, had been raised in Germany, had never spoken a word of Spanish until I was 22, and only started to learn it as a foreign language THEN. :D Hmmmmmm, to be mistaken for a native speaker ... ahhh! Felt as good as being mistaken for a pro must have felt to you! :D

When you make a new photo thread on TPF and you not only get a lot of good compliment - but also get this:
:hail:
appearing from people who's photos have made you use the smilie on too

I feel now after a year of learning stuff here, I am good enough. 95% of the shooting I do is of the kids to give to Grandma and put into albums for Grandma to look at. When I get Grandma to say, "OMFG", it's good enough for me :D.

I generally don't post photos of my kids, thus no one here sees them. I stink at any other kind of photographing. I don't travel so don't have any fantastic landscapes. I don't do street photography because in my opinion, that is just down right rude. I don't have the eye to photograph just a boring piece of something and make it go WOW like many of you here. I don't have the equipment capable of shooting stuff like racing, biking, skating, and the like so don't have anything like that for you all to look at. Thus, when the family goes from, "awe, that's cute" to "OMFG!" with my photos of the kids, I am happy with my photography.

Somehow I don't think Walmart gives a rip.

they do if they get caught printing copyrighted photos without the holder of the copyrights permission. Professional printing companies have to honour copyright on images and without written or other forms stating that the customer has the right to reproduce the image there are problems.

Last edited:
Whenever someone asks me "Who took this?", it's a good day, because they think that a 14 year old wouldn't be able to take such nice shots.

Most reactions

Back