Here's one of mine. This is the original raw file as it opened in Adobe Camera raw without any adjustments. Obviously some fill flash, and maybe a polarizer would've been the right way to do it. Here's what I ended up with. This is several years old so I don't remember exactly what I did, but I know it involved masking together several different versions of the original raw file, converting the image to BW using several different channel mixer recipes, and then masking them together, and probably way too much fiddling with the local contrast using curves and USM. I do like the tweaked one better than the straight original, but it would've looked nicer (and been much easier to do) with some fill flash in the first place.