Silky rocks for C 'N' C

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Silkyness.jpg

I think the exposure was a little too long since the fog covered everything. You should try with a 1 s. exposure r even a little lower.

I would try this with a lower shutter speed, lower ISO setting so that you get an even silkier look to the water. Maybe use a ND filter to keep the whites from blowing out.

Very nice job on this one. You clearly put some thought into the composition and such. My only comment would be that next time open the aperture to f/16 rather than f/32 and drop the ISO to 100 rather than 200. F/32 doesn't often make for a nice picture unless the negative is huge (4x5in/6x9cm) and you really need the depth of field.

My ISO goes to 200 only I think, I used the f32 to allow for a longer exposure. Sorry to ask a silly question but im still quite new....EXIF data, meaning shutter spped etc????

if thats the data u want it was f32, 2 seconds, iso 200 with a ND filter on a tripod of course set at 55mm onmy kit lense

Sorry Puyapin, I didn't realize that was as low as the D40 went. Very good indeed then.

so if i could go to iso 100 would that allow a f16 aperture with the same shutter speed and give the same exposure?

I like it, nice effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back