Silky Terrier Puppies - Awww Warning

Mike Jordan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sitnprettyphoto.com
For the last number of years, the majority of my picture taken has had to do with dogs. From posed formal portrait type images, to dog shows, agility and herding trails to just about anything with dogs. I love taking pictures of them. Most of the breeds I've taken have been in the working and herding class but every once in awhile I got a chance to take a few that fall in the too cute for words class. :D Here are a few that fall into theat catagory.

silk6166.jpg

silk6188.jpg

silk6533w.jpg

silk6542.jpg

silk6554.jpg

I hope you like them. :D

Mike

Oh, I had to call my daughter for these, just had to, and warned her all the way from the kitchen to here "Get prepared for some SERIOUS awww'ing!", and how right I was!!! :D

She went into "Cuuuuute, oh, they are soooooo cute!" and almost didn't come out of it, and: "Oh, how that one on the far right is SMILING, see that? He's smiling, really!" And in the end the first is fed up and goes :greenpbl:, heehee.

Of course we like them!
How could we not?

They're all really well done puppy portraits :thumbup: but that last one takes the prize!! :lol: Their personalities are really shining through here - they look like little rascals, don't they?

Wonderful job - thanks for the easy smile. :D

Thanks, Terri. Yes, for their size and how young they were, they were little terrors... I guess that's why they are called Terrier, except someone mispelled the breeds name. :D

These guys managed to go through a sheet of lenolium that I put down on the floor in the pen we kept them in for the week we took care of them. They tore up every sheet of paper we put in the pen for them to use as their potty spot... then they used it to potty on. They weren't afraid of our big dogs either... although we kept most of them away. Here is a comparison of one of our dogs with them...

silk6609.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

That is a hilarious story, and I totally believe these little guys are fearless!! :lol: And having a blast while they tear up everything in sight.

What a great shot, too, btw - really puts their size in perspective!

Thanks for sharing these.

can I "aawwwwwwwwwww" loudly here??? they all are smilling in the third one!!!! do you see that! wow! beautiful pictures but please share, what you did to keep them so calm and not moving?

awww...i have four (yeah, i have issues) poodles...but now i think i need a silkie terrier...the one with the bent ears is screaming my name...
isnt this the kind of dog john e. (aka cruzin) has as an avitar???

i love these......i too had to pull in people to look....great shots....
where is the paper...? i gotta get one of those dogs.......

**family walks off in a huff***

Mentos, the looks can be deceiving here. The shots I took of them were only momentary pauses of three very busy little puppies. :D What really slowed them down for a few minutes so I could get some pictures of them was putting them up on the platform I built to do dog portraits. It's only 18" high, which is no problem for a big dog, but caused the little ones to pause. The basket was used to contain them in a small area for the gorup shots. It didn't take long though before the first one decided that 18" wasn't that high and she went leaping off (we have a thick padded carpet on the floor). And what one did, the others were sure to follow. :D After about the first half hour or so, I could only get them to stay on the platform for a few minutes before they were off and running around again.

April, I feel your pain about having Poodles. :D The woman that owned these three has been trying to get us to take a couple for some time now. But with 5 big dogs and one miniture Dachshund, we don't have room for even these little guys. I don't know if that is a Silkie or a Yourkshire Terrier that John has in his avatar. They look the same except they put a pink ribbon in the hair of one at dog shows and not in the other. I guess even the judges can't tell them apart otherwise. :D

Terri, yes, there is a big difference in their sizes. These Silkie puppies are about the size of 3 week old Bouvier puppies (the black dog is a Bouvier des Flandres). They were fun to take care of for the week we had them. The woman that owns this breed wants me to take more pictures of her dogs, which I hope to do.

Thanks for looking everyone. :D

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back