Silo

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this silo sitting by a fenced field of newly shorn corn stalks, and liked the colours and clouds.

img9103pr2ke9.jpg

C&C welcome (eg., is it too dark?) I've only done auto levels and some contrast adjustments, so if anyone else wants to take a stab at PS'g it, please do!

:blushing: Whoops! Did I really post that? I have a slightly clearer head this morning. I may just take you up on the edit option later - I have an idea.

Oh, I like that version too! Can you outline what actions you took?

Well, I tried an edit on your first image... All I did was some brightness/contrast help and applied a polarization filter to it in photoshop.

I really like your color version of this image, btw.

1361057652_57df9e3c28_o.jpg

I'm never very good at this, because I mess around so many times before settling on something I like the look of. From memory though, it was convert to mono in the Channel Mixer (+100 Red, Green 0, Blue 0). Brightness +5, Contrast +8. Sharpen (Amount 125%, Radius 0.5, Threshold 0). The last step was with the Dodge tool over the silo itself and the grass in the foreground (Brush 25px, Range Highlights, Exposure 5%).

Thanks for the info, Chris. I had wondered it you had sharpened it. I've never used the dodge tool, or converted to mono, so now I have some stuff to try.

Most reactions

Back