Silos

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by John E., Apr 5, 2005.

1. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pursuer

pursuer TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice, the first two are great, I love that blue.

3. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice work, I really like the first. It may be April but it still looks cold in your shots :)

Eric

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

#1 is very good and i also like what appears to be a guardshack or foreman's office. i wish winter would last as long here! nice work!

5. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Beautiful work!!! I really enjoy industrial shots. I think you did a good job with these. Judging by these photos; I think you would like the work of the american painter Charles Scheeler (sp?). Check him out if you already have not.

6. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Thanks every one.

Airic and Jon I have to admit I took the pictures two weeks ago and most of the snow is gone except in the bush. I was planning on posting these pictures in the heat of summer, but so much for self control :roll: I still have a few winter shots I have not posted so maybe I can hold them till summer , but probably not ;)

Jon the last picture is a guard shack. I had to sweet talk her into letting me a little past the gate to take the pictures. A supervisor saw me taking pictures and kicked me off the property. Gave her a rude comment, but I don't think she really cared as she was quitting for a new job anyway.

Graig I will have to look into the painter. I really like industrial shots too but their hard to get these days with companies so worried about potential liabilities. I was thinking about starting a business and approaching some of the industry around here.

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

As a young student I had hoped to get into Industrial photography. Long story short; I didn't. I fell into Home Fashion photography, blah, blah, blah.

I guessed: The market may be small. There is a lot of money to be had. They more than likely stick with only one photographer. I got the sneaking suspicion that you needed 5,000 dollars worth of gear. To start.

The work is mostly corporate reports given to investors. The photography that I saw was nothing short of stunning. These guys obviously have free reign of the factory. Portraits of the CEO's etc are mandatory, but once again you have full creative control.

I say go for it!!! at least try and assist for one of the photographers.

8. Canoncan

Canoncan TPF Noob!

I like them all. Nice work. The colours are fantastic.