Silver Efex Pro 2 doesn't work on Lightroom 4.0

KnutS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm working with Lightroom since some time and now discovered Silver Efex as an excellent software to pimp my B/W photos. I downloaded SE Pro 2, which is running without problems as a stand alone version. But as soon as I try to use SE as an application on LR 4, I'm receiving a note saying:

Unexpected error performing command: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got nil).

SE is correctly installed in LR including the link to the folder where the exe file is stored. I'm scrolling up and down many websites and forums since some days, but can't find any hint. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much - in advance - for any help.

KnutS

BW Photo blog (in German)

Is that the old free Nik Silver Efex Pro 2? Seems to run with my old LR 6.14, the last standalone.
Frankly, I run the old free Nik Collection plug-ins with PS Elements on my travel laptop with no issues.
But then I'm not a pro nor do I play one on TV...YMMV, as always.

Is that the old free Nik Silver Efex Pro 2? Seems to run with my old LR 6.14, the last standalone.
Frankly, I run the old free Nik Collection plug-ins with PS Elements on my travel laptop with no issues.
But then I'm not a pro nor do I play one on TV...YMMV, as always.
Interesting. bought a new computer B4 Xmas, runs windows 11. Choked so bad on Elements 9 that it completely shut down and had to be reset. It took elements '23 ok. I'm reluctant to try and install the free Silver Efex. Does your travel laptop run win 11?

Interesting. bought a new computer B4 Xmas, runs windows 11. Choked so bad on Elements 9 that it completely shut down and had to be reset. It took elements '23 ok. I'm reluctant to try and install the free Silver Efex. Does your travel laptop run win 11?
Running 11+Elements 2020 on the beater.

Many thanks for your replies. On my travel laptop Silver Efex also doesn't run together with Lightroom. Same problem. Knut

Most reactions

New Topics

Back