Silvery

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by drdan, Jan 17, 2005.

1. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

We live in a drafty old house. This is nice in the summer but when it's well below zero it's kind of interesting. This is ice on the INSIDE of a window a couple of weeks ago. This section represents a three inch section or so. The overall effect was very pretty.

Where are the "img" commands, I had to type these out by hand. I hope that's not one of the "improvements" with the upgrade.

[​IMG]

2. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow! That looks fantastic! On the inside of the glass? I'm glad I don't live in your house. :wink:

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Fun texture!

To turn on the quick editing tools go to your User CP (at the top of the page)
    Select edit options and scroll to the bottom
    Under Misc Options change the dropdown to show Standard editor with Extra Formatting
    controls.

This should give you your icons/tags back.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My Mother's house had some really interesting ice formations in the inside of her windows last week. They looked like ferns so I suggested that she drip on some green food coloring. She said "go ahead, but you have to come clean it up when it melts and runs down the wall"

Maybe next time :(

5. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

Thanks Alison, actually the controls are improved a little (once I got them to show).

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Brrrr, DrDan, that looks like you must all be shivering with cold inside your home these days! Are you? I hope not! You do have a nice fire lit in at least ONE room, haven't you? I'm really WORRIED about you now, you know!?!?!? ;)

And apart from my many worries about you, I like this photo! :)
    Only yesterday did I see a documentary about the first man to ever photograph snow flakes in 1917 or so (or even earlier). Bummer I forgot that famous photographer's name, they called him "Snow", that much I remember (guess why?). They even presented some ancient old footage of him getting his camera ready for the shots of the snow flakes... interesting!
    (Though yours here is ice, of course).

7. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    great shot drdan, very nice textures. It looks almost creamy to me!

8. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

It was comfortable in the house, just not when we got the utility bill, the heater was running almost non-stop. The warm air would freeze when it hit the single pane window glass. Over the kitchen sink it get about 1/2 inch thick at the bottom where steam from the hot water would hit it. It doesn't stay cold here very long though. Overall I don't think the winters are any worse than they were in SC. It's supposed to be positively HOT this weekend, (60's).

I also have a screen saver which I really like. It's a hybrid cactus flower. There are magenta prickly pear here and yellow ones. There are a few hybrids which usually have yellow flowers with pink centers. This year some of the flowers were peach color. Makes a really soothing, yummy screensaver.It's a little over 2MB.

Cactus Flower Screensaver