Similar Film Development Style to Digital

stephen.hem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!

Well I'm new to the forums and my name is Will. I would love to say thanks for reading the thread. I had a specific question I hope that someone might be able to answer. So during the last couple of year I've taken my photo's both on either 120 and 35mm film or with my DSLR Nikon. Yet the same detail as in warmth, color, and aged look I get with my film I also want to do within in Adobe Lightroom but with the photos taken on my Nikon.

tumblr_kp55vimUsm1qzxqito1_500.jpg

tumblr_kp569jxKYU1qzxqito1_500.jpg
tumblr_kp1emdAio21qza00so1_500.jpg

I've put up some examples. I've tried fooling around in Adobe Lightroom with the raw files I've taken. Yet I just can't come up with the same result. Any help?

Thank you!

-Will

Lightroom has a lot of limitations. It is not a full blown image editor. Actually, Adobe designed it primarily as a image database manager. They built in a nice RAW editor that can streamline the workflow for photographers that process a large number of images.

Otherwise, you need to look to Photoshop CS4 for a complete set of image editing functions.

There are many tutorials available online. The best online resource is the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). You'll find a link to NAPP and my NAPP referral link in my siggy below. ↓

I quite agree. I mean lightroom is a great as a database manger. So that mean it's back to photoshop! Thanks for the reply!

Most reactions

Back