Simon

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I met Simon as I walked on a public footpath through a farmyard on the Bowland Fells. The sound as I opened a gate to walk up the hillside brought him to his stable door. How do I know his name? It's engraved on a metal sign above his head!

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Simon-the-horse.jpg

Thanks Sean and DR. This was one accommodating horse. He watched me as I took his photograph, but then I realised that a profile would make a better image, so I said "Turn to the side Simon" - and he did!!!

Regards, Tony

Very clear, sharp, detailed. Lovely light to bring out all the textures of stable wall, door --- and all the colours go so well with Simon being such a beautiful white!
He's a model horse. Photographer says, "yeah, good, smile, now turn", and he does it!!! Wow :shock:

That sheep I once saw only looked.
But somehow your photo here reminds me of my photo there.

Thanks Jeroen & Corinna. In 35 years of owning SLRs of one sort or another this is my first photograph of a horse! I've taken shots of lots of sheep Corrina, but never one posed like yours. Incidentally, some very nice images in that collection - I'm sorry I missed it first time round.

Regards, Tony

:clap: :clap:

Love the shot! Brings a smile to my face to see it, and then even more so when I read about how Simon was a cooperative model. The simplicity of your shots really appeals to me. I urge anyone who has enjoyed this pic (and tb2's other posts) to check out his website (link is in the initial post in this thread).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back