Simple Composition

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
Sometimes the simplest things can catch your eye.

fencebw.jpg

Wow! that's nice. thanx.

Thanks guys. I don't know, Mysteryscribe, I may be used up and just not realize it.

nice composition

I would like to see it in 5w x 4h with a little more room to the left. - tall grey sky seems non-contributory.

Having the fence touch the edge seems to 'leak' the image off the left

The_Traveler said:
nice composition

I would like to see it in 5w x 4h with a little more room to the left. - tall grey sky seems non-contributory.

Having the fence touch the edge seems to 'leak' the image off the left

I agree. You would change your mind if you saw what was to the left of the fence, however. I tried cropping it just above the little clouds but it didn't work for me. With all the sky left in it gave me a feeling of lonliness. Without it the fence replaced the lonliness and the image lost its impact - at least for me. Take care.

Traveller sent me a PM with his edited version of my image. He did a nice job fixing the corner of the fence that was cropped. He's better with photoshop than I am. He also cropped out much of the sky but I prefer it uncropped personally as mentioned above. There was sign attached to the corner of the fence that ruined the whole mood of the thing. I used photoshop to remove the part of the sign that intruded into the frame but I hadn't thought to fix the cropped corner like Traveller did. At any rate here's his version.

fencebwver2.jpg

IMO, if you were willing to sacrifice for your Art (note capital A), you should have torn the sign down and taken the picture.

Subsequently you should have driven like hell.

i like the original for sure. nice work fmw. i always look forward to your images. they have that professional look to them.

I like the original too. Very much so! Maybe cut off a little bit of sky. But that's all. It's very strong in its simplicity!

pascal

myopia said:
i like the original for sure. nice work fmw. i always look forward to your images. they have that professional look to them.

Thanks, Myopia. Since I am a former professional maybe my images are influenced by the commercial work I did. Take care.

Most reactions

Back