simple flower... did the photo turn out ok?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Cam_Assassin, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Cam_Assassin

Cam_Assassin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    After submitting a few pics for c&c and gotten some very valuable feed-backs. i came up with this simple flower photo. what i did was took 5 pics at diff exposures and merged them all into one. did this turn out ok? not too saturated? how is the exposure? anything you would of done differently?

as i am still learning, your c&c are very much welcome, thank you.

f/1.8@50mm
    iso@200

[​IMG]

2. Aayria

Aayria TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It looks like you used a pop up flash on this? I really hope you don't take this to be rude, but when I first saw this it looked like purple-ish mold growing on something>< I think it's the harsh ligth and the over saturation causing it to loose detail, combined with the very shallow DOF.

I do like the colors though... but it doesn't seem like a flower as much as something I left in the refigerator too long...

3. Cam_Assassin

Cam_Assassin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    lol no flash. i don't know the name of the flower but it does have some light purple-ish color on it. but i think your right, i might have over saturated it too much.

lowering the saturation got me this.

[​IMG]

i think i do too much PP with my photos.
    here is an original that i thought turned out good. not too saturated or underexposed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010