Simple Industrial C&C

I don't know the reach of your zoom, but a closer crop could yield some interesting industrial shots. If your zoom isn't that long, maybe a ladder when your neighbors not home? lol.

york.jpg

york2.jpg

I don't know the reach of your zoom, but a closer crop could yield some interesting industrial shots. If your zoom isn't that long, maybe a ladder when your neighbors not home? lol.

york.jpg

york2.jpg

Those are nice. It only has a 4x zoom, but the neighbors house is close enough that I believe I could do something like that.

Tomorrow I will try taking pictures of the unit trying to duplicate what you did here.

I keep thinking that taking the shot from 10 feet to the left or right (instead of straight on) would give you a better sense of dimension. Along with the tighter crop it could be interesting.

I keep thinking that taking the shot from 10 feet to the left or right (instead of straight on) would give you a better sense of dimension. Along with the tighter crop it could be interesting.

unfortunately I cant do 10 feet to my left because of the covered patio. 10 feet to the right, ill have to see about that tomorrow.

just not compellin enough...

i need a more intersting subject.

Well, yes, we've determined that already that the original photo is not quite as compelling as one would wish for, but LCARS' crops (suggesting zooming in more in order to go more abstract on the whole thing) are already showing the potential that's in this boring-at-first-sight air conditioning element. If you leave out the roof, and try to get only details (which Skyclad can't do as easily, what with the camera he has to work with just now, I also understand that!), giving the impression of something large and very "industrial", it may very well get more compelling at once!

So: go for the ladder-idea. Get yourself closer. Pick out details. Go abstract. Let lines work for you, shapes, textures (maybe). (Though upon a closer look, LCARS has just about covered every really interesting corner of this unit already... :scratch: ).

I do understand that the picture turned out boring an uninteresting. But hey, I am a beginner here. And even from this single photo I am learning a lot. I am gaining insight on what to look for next time to make something simple look more interesting. Plus it seems im off to a good start since my picture isn't out of focus (kinda hard to be OOF on these types of shots) and the picture isn't titled and the roof line is level.

All excellent pointers everyone has given. Hopefully if I keep going in this correct direction, I just might be able to take something plain and boring and create some interesting photos from it.. even with a basic point and shoot camera. :)

If your zoom isn't that long, maybe a ladder when your neighbors not home? lol.

Just dress up like Santa - no one will notice.

If you're nervous, just bring a reindeer or 2 for effect.

Then give your camera to friend.

When you and the reindeer fall off the roof, have your friend take the picture.

I think that would be interesting.

Most reactions

Back