Moni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the new photo :)
Not very good as the Flash is showing....which LaFoto doesn't like ;)

Any way....need more suggestions :)

portrait.jpg

Ah, well, Moni, this one would not have worked otherwise: without the flash (and with the bright background) his face would have been all dark. So the flash is absolutely necessary here.

And you send this photo to here and not to the Photo-Competition-of-the-Month? Have you saved an even better one for that???

I do admire all portrait photography that is not taken in studios, that does not show any models (working with models is a whole different thing, I know!), and since your photos, Moni, always have something "exotic" to them for my "western eyes", I like them even more.

I wish I were brave enough to take photos of people who I don't know... but I am very, very reluctant in that field.

Oh, and by the way, Moni: I was missing you around!!! Was wondering where you were and what you were up to!

Excellent work Moni!

I do admire all portrait photography that is not taken in studios, that does not show any models (working with models is a whole different thing, I know!), and since your photos, Moni, always have something "exotic" to them for my "western eyes", I like them even more.

Ditto! I feel the same way about your photos.

Also, well, I can't seem to sleep and I've already exhausted my resources in the kitchen (I made this wonderful tea for my hubby, it's called Honeybush Tea, it's from the Cape of Good Hope in Africa... and then I made a cinnamon swirl coffee cake... and then I made him some tabasco scrambled eggs with chicken jalepeno sausage for breakfast... and then a couple spinach salads, one for his lunch, one for mine... and I STILL can't sleep!) and well, my career is as a graphic designer (photography is a rekindled hobby I hope to keep up this time) and I've been using Photoshop for 11 years, so I get bored with my own stuff so I took the liberty of taking this wonderful photo into PS and down-playing the hard highlights in his face, as LaFoto said, without the flash his face would have been too dark, but I think I've hopefully gotten rid of some of the cons of using the flash.

Wow, I sure can ramble! Anyhow, hope you don't mind Moni, but I just love to mess with PS! My philosophy for Photoshopping pics is the same as for my make-up "Less is more, make it look natural"... heh heh, or like the philosophy on nature I adhere to "Leave no trace." So, here's my playing around image of your pic!

portrait.jpg

Let me know if you don't approve Moni and I will remove this at once! I just couldn't help myself, heh heh, it was fun to do!

Wonderful photo Moni.

Nice touchup, Lungfarmer... can I give you permission to mess with any of mine that you see fit .... anytime!!

Gatsby

LaFoto said:
I do admire all portrait photography that is not taken in studios,

I also like character portraits. You've captured the essence of this character. I do not care about the composition-- I like the capture.

Most reactions

Back