Simple Shot

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A basic view of how the desert can just disappear and turn into mountains. Oh, and this is a 3 shot pano. I hadn't done a pano in a while, so I'd thought I'd take it easy ;) Sorry if it's a little big for some screens?

48375546-O.jpg

Just fine on my screen.

I love the detail and the colours. The yellow earth tones in the ground contrast the rich blue sky incredibly.

Did you use a polarizer?

panoramic turned out nice, where did you take this at? the type of terrain looks familiar...

photo gal said:
This is real nice woody....It looks like a scene I see very often and never take the time to capture. It looks like you might be somewhere near me. Are you in California? : )
The "middle of nowhere, CA" :mrgreen:
Ridgecrest, it's where the 395 & 14 meet. South of Mammoth, North of LA.

photo gal said:
Tehachapi mountains here. Off the 58 1 hour east of bakersfield
Girl, I've got lots of stuff from Tehachapi! I go that way a lot. The old barn I posted the other day is off the 58 @ Monolith. I'll be through there Friday night. Taking the wife and baby over to CALM for the Holiday Light festival :thumbup:

woodsac said:
Girl, I've got lots of stuff from Tehachapi! I go that way a lot. The old barn I posted the other day is off the 58 @ Monolith. I'll be through there Friday night. Taking the wife and baby over to CALM for the Holiday Light festival :thumbup:

Cool...We were going to go to CALM on friday night too but we will be attending a party here in Bear Valley Springs instead. Wow what a coincidence! : )

I'm very impressed with how seamless the sky looks. Usually the polarizer effect is not very uniform across the frame...and to stitch those together can be a real problem. Did you have to deal with that?

Looks great.

woodsac said:
Thanks Travis.
I always use a polarizer outside, (Hoya) :thumbup:
Which Hoya polarizer do you use - ordering one in the next day or two and any advice on a good one would be great, cheers.

Edit: Great photo btw :D

Big Mike said:
I'm very impressed with how seamless the sky looks. Usually the polarizer effect is not very uniform across the frame...and to stitch those together can be a real problem. Did you have to deal with that?
Looks great.
I did Mike :grumpy: I rotated the polarizer to a different position for each shot. But I still had to do some post work. Before I stitched, I lightly dodged the darker corners. Then I cloned with a super soft brush at about 40% around the mountains. I also used the 'advanced blending' in PS photomerge.

Killx said:
Which Hoya polarizer do you use
It's the blue/purple lable. Not their expensive HMC (too expensive for me) multi coated, and not the cheapest green lable.

Most reactions

Back