Simply Seagull

d1a1s1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I realize this isn't the most exotic bird to capture but I like the photo. Any complaints?

SeaGull.png

Good use of B&W, but is the focus on the entire bird or just a part?

the focus is ... not well defined to me ... but not bad or off either.

nice close up of a standard bird. good for a biology book :)

oh, and the thread's title reminds me of something :p

Good use of B&W, but is the focus on the entire bird or just a part?

This was at full zoom so my DOF is a bit shallow. Does it look like hes only in focus in one area?

the focus is ... not well defined to me ... but not bad or off either.

nice close up of a standard bird. good for a biology book :)

I see what you mean. It might be due to the fact that Ive been shooting in RAW and my post processing is all trial and error.

Biology book huh? Ill be famous in high school finally! :lol:

This was at full zoom so my DOF is a bit shallow. Does it look like hes only in focus in one area?

Well, it's just that it seemed that the clearest focus was on the neck up to the head, now I understand that you had it at full zoom.

I see what you mean. It might be due to the fact that Ive been shooting in RAW and my post processing is all trial and error.

Biology book huh? Ill be famous in high school finally! :lol:

naah, not saying it is bad!

it is a detailed image showing the characteristics of that bird in a natural post -> biology book

as for the focus, having int more defined on the eyes would help a bit ... but as i said. it is not "off".

contrast is a bit soft, but hence detailed... you could make it "pop" more, if you pushed contrast, but you would then lose detail ...

naah, not saying it is bad!

it is a detailed image showing the characteristics of that bird in a natural post -> biology book

as for the focus, having int more defined on the eyes would help a bit ... but as i said. it is not "off".

contrast is a bit soft, but hence detailed... you could make it "pop" more, if you pushed contrast, but you would then lose detail ...

Oh I know you weren't saying it was bad.

I tried pushing the contrast but Id lose the white in his neck. At the risk of turning this into a "photoshop challenge" could you show me what you would do?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back