since he lost his job...

Trombone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
right, this is my first post in this forum; this was taken in November 2004.

Nikon FM2
Ilford HP5+ 400
Nikkor 135mm

Ali.jpg

any comments?

Peace,
Trombone

This is a photo with a lot of impact. It speaks a lot.
You seem to know very well what you are doing.
Welcome to the forum and keep sending us photos!
(My dad was in your country only in October, mind - with a group of cyclists, going to all the places by bike).

I like the mood and the story!

Thank you all for your comments.
will post more very soon, although i'll have to wait till monday maybe in order for me to find the time to surf arround the site and comment on other's work.

more comments are always welcome.

Cheers,
Trombone

wow I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if my 2 cents means much but that is an awesome shot. composition is spectacular and everything is has to tell is there. awesome work mang

I do like the photograph. But I think the photo would stand stronger with at least one part of face being in extreme focus. The gentleman has life lines that would create more of a personality or a since of who he is and where he has been if they where kept in focus. Maybe a quick falloff in the DOF.

He just looks like hes got more to tell than what was captured. If thats what your going for then congrats the photo does a fine job of that.

Thank you all for your comments.

Vmann:
He just looks like hes got more to tell than what was captured. If thats what your going for then congrats the photo does a fine job of that.

Thanks for the DOF remark, i can't say that i agree totally though, i couldn't imagine it the way you described it, so maybe you're right. anyway, having known this guy since i was a kid, i'm sure that whatever is the technic to be used, everyone will always have more to tell than what is to be captured, especially a person having face features such as Ali's (the "model" in my shot above).

cheers,
Trombone

Tell Ali I sat for a good long time trying figure out the person he is. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Most reactions

Back