Since the gun ban has been lifted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, me.

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter (.44 Mag), with Leopold scope.

Ooooooh, duh. Blackhawk.. I forgot about those. I have a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. No scope though. I take it out every now and again. Fire it. Promptly remember how much it hurts to shoot. Then put it away until I've forgotten the lessons of firings past....

Yes, it's fun to show people that a .44 Mag really will kick their ass if you let it, lol. I can only imagine what .454 must be like.

Fun to shoot one-handed, lol!

For the next person that says we're getting off topic, post a picture of a camera and see how long it takes before everyone is talking about the camera instead of the photo... Worry about your own threads, lol. As long as the political stuff stays out of it, I don't see the harm in discussing a topic that obviously quite a few members here enjoy.

There just seems to be a double standard. Off topic discussion seems to be OK, unless it's about guns, then it's all OMG - they're talking about guns!!

Last edited:
Hi Josh. I like the image, but I think your black are probably clipped. Maybe bump your blacks and your shadows some without losing the moodiness.

man....
I don't understand some of you people.
certain types of photos were banned because a lot of threads concerning them went south.
nudity being one of them. eventually, nudity was allowed again, but in the subscribers section.
(the subscribers section is far less moderated BTW, for picture content and discussion..its like the wild west in there)
that's how the owners want it, so that's how it is going to stay. Take it or leave it.

guns were banned for the same reason. pictures of guns were posted, and the thread inevitably turned into a fight.
Recently however, the moderation team has taken a number of PM's from members into consideration and with the blessing of the admins, the decision to lift the ban on gun pictures was made with the hope that gun enthusiasts could post pictures and get C&C like any other type of photo.

aaaaaand here we all are...
i mean really. there is just no pleasing some people.
Members weren't happy about a gun ban. we drop the gun ban, and day one there is already a thread circling the drain.
If you want completely unadulterated, unedited, and unregulated forum action, go to 4chan or something and have at it till your hearts content.
the site owners do not want that kind of environment here. as for the Gun -vs- Boobs debate...you can see plenty of guns on regular daytime TV, whereas you cannot see nudity there. More importantly, the NSFW section is where the owners want it, so that's where it will likely stay.

we have let this thread go in the hopes that the initial shock of having guns back on the menu just caused a little bit of temporary insanity from the overwhelming excitement. Any further derailment of gun threads, or open harassment of the moderators will be considered an act of sedition, and treated as such.

Unbelievable. I really expected a much more mature response to this.

The rule is pretty explicit. As far as guns go, it's pictures and photographic discussions only. Period.

Going forward if I see any topic that veers off path, I'll lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back