Singapore zoo

th3_man89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
recently I went to Singapore zoo with my girlfriend and I rent 70-200 f2.8. so, here is the result.
DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

Last edited:
Please do tell that Photo 1 was taken by your girlfriend, too, like you're admitting to in your Flickr account. So it is not only the lens, but also her presence of mind to "be there" and take that pic while the tiger jumped!!! Honour to whom honour is due!

Please do tell that Photo 1 was taken by your girlfriend, too, like you're admitting to in your Flickr account. So it is not only the lens, but also her presence of mind to "be there" and take that pic while the tiger jumped!!! Honour to whom honour is due!

ah.. sorry for the lack of details. yes, it was taken by my girlfriend as stated in my flickr website. thus, the credit goes to my girlfriend too. thx for the correction.

first off well done to your GF with the first shot!!!
Of the rest I have to say I like the 3rd from last (the bird) even though the bars are being a bit of a pain the background, the bird itself is well captured.
If you look there are little bits of animal cut off in several shots - its something that is very easily done when shooting (especailly wildlife which moves!!) - just remember to keep your eye on the boarders as well.
Also try renting out a 1.4Teleconverter as well as a 70-200mm f2.8 - the added range works well in a zoo (if you get another chance)

first off well done to your GF with the first shot!!!
Of the rest I have to say I like the 3rd from last (the bird) even though the bars are being a bit of a pain the background, the bird itself is well captured.
If you look there are little bits of animal cut off in several shots - its something that is very easily done when shooting (especailly wildlife which moves!!) - just remember to keep your eye on the boarders as well.
Also try renting out a 1.4Teleconverter as well as a 70-200mm f2.8 - the added range works well in a zoo (if you get another chance)

thx for the comment. anyway, the bars are between me and the bird so its kinda difficult to get rid. I brought 2x teleconverter that time but I don't use that much, so I kept it in the bag most of the time.

as for the animal that not fully captured, I assume you refer to 4th picture. lemur if i'm not wrong. well, I have the whole body picture of it, but I have a problem of framing it, so I came out with that photo above because it has so much empty space on the left. will it be better if I include its tail too?? but then her head will be further to the top left corner.

some cages are too close together and covered with moss,so the image captured will be greenish. i'll try using 1.4x the next time i go there. quite expensive entrance fee though... anyway, thx for your advices.

wow! the tiger pic is really good stuff! :thumbup::thumbup:

thx all for the comment. thats my girlfriend's shot.

they are all awesome
but the first is the best!!
I agree and thats why I put it 1st. :p. thats my strategy. hahaha...

Most reactions

Back