Single layer resize

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone know anything about modifying the size of one layer without changing the whole image size? CS2.

select the layer, then go to edit >transform> scale.

Could you also select the layer and use the grips to resize?

Could you also select the layer and use the grips to resize?

The transform and free transform wok really well. I'm shrinking heads and all kinds of cool stuff. Not sure I understand what a 'grip' is? I select the layer and use the little hand, but I don't think that is it? Or the 'grips' are the little boxes in the transform?

Thanks again!

Grips are the little boxes that appear at the corners and in the middle of the sides, around the box that represents your selection. If you grab a corner grip, you can compress/expand the image in either direction and if you hold down the shift (or is it alt) key while doing it...it will lock the aspect ratio so you don't compress/skew the image but only resize.

Grips are the little boxes that appear at the corners and in the middle of the sides, around the box that represents your selection. If you grab a corner grip, you can compress/expand the image in either direction and if you hold down the shift (or is it alt) key while doing it...it will lock the aspect ratio so you don't compress/skew the image but only resize.

Ok, I'm getting it, this is great! Thanks Mike.

Most reactions

Back