Single Tulip

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While in town the other day I decided to shoot a few flowers along a well kept street. My plan was cut short when my Manfrotto ball head seized up. However, I did get this Tulip shot first.

Minolta 50/1.4

P1020393sm.jpg

I was forced to shoot hand held for this Magnolia the wind was tossing about wildly & I ended up clipping the bottom of the flower. :(

P1020399sm.jpg

Both are very pretty.
Aren't star magnolias pretty in themselves? We've got one in our garden and it is in bloom just now and gives me a lot of joy. In your photo, it looks kind of strange that most of the LIGHT seemed to have been BEHIND the flower, and the flower itself gets only so little of it.

Thanks Corinna. The bloom is in the shade of a church & the light is from beyond the shaded area. It gives a nice appearance in my opinion. Here is another shot from that day but the pic is too busy. I could not get a good composition from my vantage point. This is where a zoom lens would have been helpful.

P1020391sm.jpg

I don't mind the busy-ness here! I like how the tulips are lit up from "within", as it were, the petals became translucent, and I like that very much.

Awesome, nice to be able to see some (well more than just some, considering forum in general,lol) photographic examples of someone who has experience and a trained eye for certain subjects.

Thanks for not putting #1 in my thread, woulda made me look bad :)

I really dig the contrasts on this one, the pink stands out great against the background. Great colors on all 3 and each is much different from the others.

Most reactions

Back