Sister - Engagement style

j-digg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister got engaged not too long ago and they want me to shoot some stuff for them, they liked this style, and I do too actually... Im not sure if its dubbed anything, but its just the heavily backlit ( from the sun ) warm, low contrast, with flare kind of style. This was just a really quick 5 min. test session just to check what kind of settings it would require. Just wanting to know how I could improve upon this shot... This was probably the best one of the set.

Overall I think it turned out ok for my first time trying it.. but personally I would go back and make sure to not let her head stray above the horizon line so it would emphasize the rim light, this could also be improved by lining up the shot so that the sun would be more directly behind her. Maybe exclude the sky, which I could do through cropping. Also, if I remember correctly I had my hood on at the time, which is sortve counter productive for this kind of shot. :confused:

Anything else I couldve done to make this work any better? Any advice or CC is always welcome and appreciated. Ty!

4899158131_9ee3c7eee5_b.jpg

This is just my opinion, but her furrowed brow gives the impression of saying her last goodbyes just prior to the nuclear shock wave hitting.

There is not 'enough' of your sister to make this photo work...

This is just my opinion, but her furrowed brow gives the impression of saying her last goodbyes just prior to the nuclear shock wave hitting.

Hehe, thats alright... facial expression isnt all that important in this one, just because it was more of a test... THIS isnt the engagement photo erose, so this particular one shouldnt feel like it at all.. it is just the style I plan on going for in when I do shoot the e-photos for them.

There is not 'enough' of your sister to make this photo work...

As in too small in the frame, or just because shes covered up with the foreground? I take it you mean the latter?

As in too small in the frame, or just because shes covered up with the foreground? I take it you mean the latter?

j-digg
The effects/lighting is overpowering for this photo.

Hmm, thats sortve the point... in fact this is quite a conservative approach at this kind of thing, lol..

I love the feel of the shot but I think it could have been composed a little better. having some plants in the foreground is great but the two different groups that are blocking her are taking away from the image. Still very pretty though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back