Sister In Law

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister in law is graduating from Texas A&M so we did some graduation photos. Half of them were done using a new to me film camera so I do not have those images yet but here are the digital ones.

I'd love any critique on them. Its always very helpful

Nice set, love the second one, the focus on her eyes is amazing, good job.

I would agree, nice set. #1,3, & 5 are the ones that stick out to me with things to C&C. All of them look like they have a bit too much skin softening for my taste.

#1 - Two picky things. 1 the right elbow could be bent away from her body to add to the curves and 2 watch the wrinkles in the blouse.

#3 - the blouse showing off midriff is a little distracting to me.

#5 - The white OOF blur on the entire left side of this photo bothers me. I think the pose by itself would be a great shot and go nicely with 2,4,6 and 7.

Beautiful young lady. Obviously Ronlane is unaware that the belles of the SEC are born with silky smooth skin. LOL

That said 2,4,6 & 7 are my favorites. I'm not a big fan of the crop in #1,

Great set and wonderful model. Excellent points by Ron... my only niggle is #7; her pose and the surroundings just seem a bit too... forced.

Beautiful young lady. Obviously Ronlane is unaware that the belles of the SEC are born with silky smooth skin. LOL

See and here I was thinking that because he had that D600 and an 85mm f/1.8 that there was SO much detail that he just HAD to smooth the skin.

Nice set - loving 2 and 6. Gig 'em Aggies :icon_thumright:

Great set. I think I remember you once saying she used to be difficult to shoot because she was awkward (or uptight, or something like that). Her posing has gotten so much more natural over time.

Very nice set. Good background control, clever DOF placement, very practiced shooting, obviously has clear and complete continuity of wardrobe, very,very much the kind of stuff a guy who is definitely "on his game" creates. Very nice work. While these are all good, I think #5 is impressive as hell.

See and here I was thinking that because he had that D600 and an 85mm f/1.8 that there was SO much detail that he just HAD to smooth the skin.

Nah you're thinking of UT -Austin. Being part of the Big 12, touch up is optional there LOL

Good gracious, she's gorgeous. Amazing set. My only comment would be the posing on #3. I think sliding one leg behind the other would have let the knees bend slightly and given the hips a more natural tilt. But really, these are incredible.

Very minor but I would eliminate the earring coming out of her cheek in number 6. Number 7 is by far the most dynamic image of the group with the s-curve of her pose and surrounding diagonals. A very pretty girl.

I did do some skin smoothing but I pulled it back quite a bit from what I typically do. She has very nice skin and a fair complexion. I'll post a before and after photo tomorrow.

She has been awkward in the past with her posing but she's much better now. #7 is how she naturally sat down. It was the first photo to check my exposure and I loved it.

I personally love the OOF white on #5. Probably my favorite photo of the bunch :)

Thank you all for the comments! Very helpful

There is one massive, and it is the elephant in the room that everyone is stepping around...... These are WAY too good and stylish for graduation photos!!! Incredible work! Photos like these get out and you will have clients coming out of the woodwork! :clap:
I can't pick a favorite. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back