sister

photographs,

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
siisterr.jpg

?? is it okay?

That depends; do you like it? If so, then it's okay. My opinion? I think it's a very nice image. I like the colours and the composition. I would like to see it just a little brighter; not much, but a little - that however is a minor niggle. Good job.

That depends; do you like it? If so, then it's okay. My opinion? I think it's a very nice image. I like the colours and the composition. I would like to see it just a little brighter; not much, but a little - that however is a minor niggle. Good job.

:blushing: why thank you!

beautiful colours.

the bottom is a bit useless to my eye though. ever tried a horizontal crop on this one? I would really like to see that :)

Hmmm... I think I prefer the original to your crop Alex; while yours definitely concentrates the eye on the girl, I think a lot of the solitude in the image has been cropped as well. On reflection, I think a little cropping might not hurt, but perhaps not quite this much.

Hmm, maybe I could crop away the solitude so easily, since the original did not carry any solitude for me. the lower part is so dark and colourless, that i mainly concentrate on the part which is in my crop anyway.

In a black and white version, with the lower part a bit less dark, I would maybe share your view.

?? is it okay?

That is a strange question. It is not a bad image if that is the question.

You cannot please everyone with one image, since taste varies. So if pleasing everyone is your goal, you have to fail ;)

First you have to ask yourself, what effect do you want the image to have. And then you can ask if you achieved that effect. Is there a message, or a mood you want to transport, is there something you want to show in your image.
Do you want to achieve a mood of solitude, as tiredireon seems to find in it? Or do you want to show a jolly and colourful scene with your sister being the key element, as I saw it in the image? And I am sure there are many more possibilities.
Every scene you encounter as a photographer, might contain many many different possible images, each of them drastically different from the others. Many of them will be what you consider "OK", maybe some of them even outstanding. So knowing what you want to create, helps a lot in the process of choosing.

Pretty good. Just have to make it a bit brighter and I too prefer the vertical crop to the horizontal. But, you should definitely crop out at least a bit of the bottom as solid black of the water at that point doesnt really do much for me.

Most reactions

Back