Site to check out

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Karalee, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im not sure if this should go here or if theres a better place suited for it, so feel free to move it if you need.

This morning I read a thread in another forum, visited the site and have been thinking about it all day. For all the good work they do, I think that I should at least spread the word.

This is from the thread I saw it at:
    Please check it out, and if you can donate your time, Im sure they would appreciate it! Its a great idea, I have a huge amount of respect for these people for having the courage to do what they do, and hope to get better at portraiture to help them out.

2. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's a wonderful service that they provide. I'm not sure that I'd be able to do that myself though. I think I'd find it too hard to take photos through my tears. I barely made it through the website. :cry:

3. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well I didnt even make it through the website :lol: I read one of the stories, and made the mistake of viewing one of the slideshows and it was all over for me.

4. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I didn't see the slide show. I browsed around a bit and when my vision started getting blurry, I had to stop looking. I did look at the photographers agreement though. Very straight forward. I just don't think I could keep a professional composure while shooting these portraits. I can't even imagine the post processing. These photographers truly have guts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  6. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I just printed the contract. Right now there are no other photographers in NH who are affiliated. I wanted to do something like this at a local hospital in MN but didn't start before I left. This is an amazing thing to be able to do for a family. Thank you for the link, Kara!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah I was suprised at the amount of states that have no one affiliated, and funnily enough the first person I thought of was you Alison ;) when I saw their work I thought it looked just like yours.

8. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    I did some photos of a friend's daughter while she was in the hospital for kidney related issues. Seeing the parent's light up with the joy of their daughter was enough to make me realize I needed to do this for more families. I'm going to contact the site owner to see if I can approach the local hospital to spread the word that this service is available.

9. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wish I could do something...but I couldnt help.
    I dont even understand some of the photos...one of the children pics...the baby looked old, and his eye lids were thin, like his lips...it scared me..these people have the support of the tpf im guessing...wonder if we could go a charity thing on this forum to help raise them money?

10. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    That's what a very premature baby looks like. Babies develop all of their organs very early in pregnancy, and the latter half is to help them gain weight and have their lungs develop. It is hard to look at and realize what happened, but to the parents this is their beautiful child.

11. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sometimes its hard to think about the amount of pain in the world...but theres joy to.
    Is there anything we could all do to help them out?

12. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Holy crap I'm crying my eyes out right now. That would be the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, but I'm thinking about signing up.

• Like Like x 1