Sitting in Waves - C&C

Bee Bee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybybon.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Only me again! Ok so these were taken with a Fuji Finepix Z33WP while I was on holiday in Cuba. I haven't done any PP on them as yet because I don't really know what to do with them! 1 was taken on a stormy day and 2 and 3 on a sunny day. I just decided to sit in the sea and see what happened! Anyy suggestions welcome!

DSCF3470.jpg

DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3287.jpg

I'm no help with any ideas but wanted to say i loved the vision. i've not seen shots like this before and they are lovely.

Thank you Kimba! I am glad that you like them - it was worth the sand in my bikini bottoms! xxx

yes, it is the only thing ever worth the sand in the bikini, been there & done that it's not a nice feeling LOL :lol:

like Kimba I haven't seen anything like this before but def. I like the pictures.
2nd and 3rd shots are really good ... you can really see the blue color of the sea in'em.

i think it was worth getting sand in ur bikini =)

Last edited:
Thank you! I love playing around at the beach and trying to come up with new ideas - Cuba was amazing as the colours there are so vivid and I really wanted to make the most of it! xxx

#1 & #3

love the blue :D

i didnt dare take my camera closer to the water when i was on holiday >__>

I wouldn't have dared take my DSLR anywhere near the water - hence purchasing the WP one! Obviously shots aren't going to anywhere near as good a quality but it allows me to mess around! xxx

Pretty pictures. But the saturation is pumped up a bit to high and highlights the high iso, but still nice artsy pics :D

Last edited:
I really like the new and creative perspective you chose to shoot from - makes otherwise same old same old beach shots quite interesting. Good work.

ocular - I said at the top that I haven't done anything with them yet! xxx

Dagwood - thanks! Was at the beach again yesterday so will have to post some pics this week xxx

Nicely composed images, B.

If anything, all that you might try is to slightly boost contrast just a tad. Nothing extravagant.

If your editing software uses Levels or Curves adjustments, that would be quick and easy.

Regarding ocular's comments about saturation, saturation is all in the eyes of the beholder. Some folks like lots, some folks like muted. A bit like cream in coffee!

Almost everyone agrees that an interesting image is one that has complete tonal range, from near 0 to near 255.

Thanks John - the colours in Cuba are so bright! Was very different shooting the beach over there as aposed to here in sunny ( haha) england! xxx

The Fuji did surprisingly well. I'm not familiar with what it might have available for controls, but it did well.

The real image was shot by the photographer. There's no substitute for your eye and perception. That's what made these images work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back