Sk8

PuppY_K1ck3R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today i visited our local skate park here in San Jose. This is the largest skate park in California. Let me know what u guys think of my pics thx.

Stoke1.jpg

Stoke7.jpg

Stoke8.jpg

Stoke5.jpg

Stoke6.jpg

Stoke3.jpg

stoke4.jpg

stoke2.jpg

Anyone use 18-200mm for action shots? I mean its my main lens as of now. I want to know if this lens is acceptable for action shoots. Heh halfway through the day i realized my VR was turned off.

Sick shots man!
Looks like an awesome place to shred!

Anyone use 18-200mm for action shots? I mean its my main lens as of now. I want to know if this lens is acceptable for action shoots. Heh halfway through the day i realized my VR was turned off.

Its alright for sports but has a great range. Usually you would want something faster for action but with that much sunlight a faster lens wouldnt have really helped. If you wanted to take the next step up in skate photography you would look at something like the 10.5mm fish

Look good. Post processing is not overly done on those pictures you did it on.

My only complaint is the horizon is not level in most of your shots. It's ok to not have a level horizon, but you can't be at any angle that looks as if it should be.

This includes pictures 2-7.

Its alright for sports but has a great range. Usually you would want something faster for action but with that much sunlight a faster lens wouldnt have really helped. If you wanted to take the next step up in skate photography you would look at something like the 10.5mm fish

Thx Jimmy im going to look into that lens.

Look good. Post processing is not overly done on those pictures you did it on.

My only complaint is the horizon is not level in most of your shots. It's ok to not have a level horizon, but you can't be at any angle that looks as if it should be.

This includes pictures 2-7.

Nice exactly what i need to hear. I didint notice that but it is very helpful. Thank u shibby. This is alot of help. (note to self, level horizon line)

Nice exactly what i need to hear. I didint notice that but it is very helpful. Thank u shibby. This is alot of help. (note to self, level horizon line)

No problem. I try to do what I preach too =)

Another thing to try doing, and I stress this all the time and it's something that I try to keep on my mind is angles. Everybody takes pictures from kneeling or standing. Basically, what you can see by showing up and watching the skaters/riders themselves.

A good way to get something new is try different angles. Wide angles accent this more, but try standing on those rails and shoot down, or lay on the ground and get a guy grinding the edge. Do what you can to get a different view then most people see. Pack a step ladder or two step stool. Obviously be careful doing this as you don't want to fall, but use it to your advantage. Try getting the camera where people don't normally view things. Stick it in front along the edge of where the skater is grinding. Be careful and observant and make sure your not getting in anybody's way.

Hope that helps. I've really started to enjoy my super wide angle lens to take pictures of sports I can get close with. It shows angles and views in a way a standard or tele won't, but it makes you work to get those shots as well.

I wanted to get in the bowl when people were going over the coping. I wanted a shot of the guy and just the blue sky. but my friends weren't skating the day i took pics. And im a shy guy so i didint ask to get in the bowl.

Most reactions

Back