Skate photography - a .GIF sequence.

mal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keeprolling.co.uk
This is me making the most of bad light and my camera's good burst mode on saturday!

will.gif

If anyone's curious, skater is Will Gray (age 15) trick is 360 topsoul.

could u maybe give me an idea on how u made this .gif? i know what a .gif is but i mean what program and how in that program????

I searched google for 'free .GIF creator', and downloaded one of the hundreds of programs that came up. I think mine's called AGif or something. I wouldn't recommend it. It's slow, has a clumsy interface, and although you can't really see it at this size, for some reason some groups of pixels turn white. I think most programs like this work in much the same way i.e. drag and drop photos into a timeline, then adjust the time each is shown for, and the looping. It took me about 30 seconds to work it out, so you should be fine. Just play with it until you get the effect you want. Good luck.

Oavatos said:
could u maybe give me an idea on how u made this .gif? i know what a .gif is but i mean what program and how in that program????

Iuse Adobe ImageReady

Oooh, Ferny has been looking for a program to make gifs with!!!!

(by the way, that's pretty awesome! :) )

You got my curiosity up. My son was playing around with his new digi8 vid cam and I had to try Animation Shop, that came with my PSP7.
Hope ya dont mind me adding this, hope its not to large of a file.

a206c619.gif

Not sure how he did it(PS7 I think), but my son sent me a 4mb.gif clip. Had to do much editing to put it under the 1mb limit for photobucket. He just got his camera and fisheye lens and wants to do much sk8boarding vids. I'll have to get him hooked up with some of the peeps here.
Right now we are burried in snow, thus the indoor clip. Cant wait for summer to get out with him and use my "still" cam and his "video" cam and get some serious boarding footage.

I wanted to take pictures of skaters last summer. But then a story in the paper came up where a boys camera was stolen form here at a park. I forget but either they threatened to beat him or it was at gunpoint. I don't want that happening to me. Windsor sucks.

sweet man! I've been itchin' to get back in my skates after I tore apart my ankle last summer. good to see some other skate pics up...

Most reactions

Back