Skateboarding- more!

silverbody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
PLEASE CRITIQUE. im new to photography.

3630167452_778925da50.jpg

agreed, I didn't see the skater at first and only knew he was there because of thread title.

Wow, I agree that the skater is getting lost in the view and that it is hurting the shot. Personly I'm not a fan of wideangle skate shot but IMO this time it's adding value to shot.

Did do you get any close-ups of the ride that could be used with this shot as part of collage.

Also if you can reshoot ask the rider to wear tan shorts

BIGGER VERSION MAY BE HELPFUL

3630167452_778925da50_b.jpg

I've skated for quite a few years, and I gotta say I like this. I could imagine it in Transworld.

Honestly i think a zoom will lose the "awe" affect caused by the skater.. that is amazing to do.. im sure you was attempting to capture that. I think what would help the photo more is a bit more focus on your subject.. you can try getting a certain amount of the photo out of focus so its clear to what we are going for.. setting a closer foreground and having it along with the upper background out of focus would really make the skateboarder stand out without losing that "awe" affect.. if not maybe trying another angle would help.. but the photo is very distracting mainly cuz of its size.. almost looks like a landscape photo.. your subject takes about 10% of complete image.. bearing that in mind there is a lot of room for distraction.. but zooming in will cause a lost of hight and may even give the appearence of a regular street wall instead of the middle of a building.. so zooming in may not be the best. try messing with angles and if you have the appropriate lens.. practice taking photos in different f stops to get the image u want..
Joe

Most reactions

Back