Skateboarding Pics - comment :)

grant_22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey so i tried this a couple weeks ago - very new to photography and with my slr (35mm) camera and and none of them turned out. The problem was wtih the ISO - you guys helped me figure that one out (THANX AGAIN!) So I tried again and these turned out alot better so i thought id share - Feel Free to : /comment/critique/tell me im horribe (but give advice i want to learn :) ) so here they are

V
V
V

factory2wf3.jpg

outdoorarena5vy3.jpg

outdoorarena6et1.jpg

outdoorarena7my6.jpg

outdoorarena13sk3.jpg

These are excellent for someone so new to photography. you sure got the shutter speed fast enough. keep it up man!

^ hey thanx - shutter speed i got figured out - kinda getting the hang of ISO - its still a bit grainy in some of the other ones but definately and improvement over last time
but yea im happy how they came out overall.

Well if its film the only way to control iso is by changing the film

These are pretty good for a first timer. You definetly have an eye for framing shots and using good foreground and background. Hope to see more shots from a fellow skate photog!

can i just use the ISO set function thing? or is that something completely different?

Changing that is letting the camera know what film its using so when on auto modes it can set the settings correctly.

oh-alrihgt so i should just set that to what it says on the film box?

Try to get closer, the last one would have been super cool if you got up super low to that thing i dont know what its called ha and upload your pictures bigger so we can see what they are doing lol.

yeah good for a beginner...work on composition...try and find interesting angles (nice birds eye..but not great for skating cause you can see the trick as well)

also, someone said above on the last one you could have got really low and close up to the median divider thingy and it wouldve been a really cool shoot...

also what is the smallest number aperature on your lens (eg. 5.6, 2.8 etc) cause you could experiment with wide aperatures (small numbers)

and do you have continous shooting/auto advance? or do you have to manually advance the film...cause if its auto, you can take multiple shots during one trick and string them together to make a really cool photo

here is a great guide with some very good tips on photographing skateboarding

Looks good, I'd like to see them a little closer though.

hey thanx alot - yea ill try some more up close angles n such - i just wanted to try that birds eye cuz i wanted to climb that building - thanx again everyone for the comments and suggestions
yea ill def check out those two sites FearFactory

Get closer to the skater, your too far away from the action. Use a flash, get down on the ground and get some different, killer angles. Read up on composition.
Decent attempt, but follow the above tips.
Shoot all day long, practice, trial and error.
Keep shoot'n bro

Most reactions

Back